
Lesson 13b - I am Thankful for insects.
Well today was a fun one.
We got straight into the lesson because I had to leave halfway through to be the companion for a district speaking assignment and I didn't want not to teach this lesson.
We had a look at the basket of big bugs we have and located different parts of the bugs - the eyes, wings, body, how many legs, colours - things that were the same and things are different.
We then moved onto the bug puzzle that I made from these pictures. I cut each bug out and then cut them further into 3 pieces. The children then had to locate the pieces for each bug and put them together.

After these activities we made the ladybugs - taking the templates, the children had to match the cut out pieces and stick them onto the shapes of the template using a glue stick. They did really well, and we only had three in the class so we were able to help quite a bit. The sunbeams template already had the ladybugs legs and antanae already coloured in to reduce the time and workload of both cutting out and the actual doing of the activity.




No comments:
Post a Comment