Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I have just been called to be a nursery leader - all my own babies are now teenagers and I look forward to working with the 7 cherubs in my care, albeit with some trepidation.

I have one hour and forty minutes a week to entertain and educate these little minds - from the ages of 18 months to almost 3. I want nursery to be a fun place that the children love to come, they are sad when it is over, but look forward to next week. I want to make it a place of learning through play within the constraints of being a Sunday and in church clothes. My task is to come up with a plan based on the church primary manual but which has my own flavour injected into it to bring the gospel to life for these little people.

I want to have a routine where we sing the same songs to start a new activity - welcome, ready for snack time, ready for story time, going home time.

No comments: